Active visits to pharmacies are associated with various goals. Colds, replenishment of first-aid kits for travel, purchasing medicines prescribed by a doctor, buying antiviral drugs, getting drugs to prevent infection from entering the body, ordering ED pills and much more. In addition, in recent years, cosmetic brands began to cooperate with pharmaceutical companies. Cosmetics that are sold in pharmacies are more credible than those that are on the shelves of mass markets. Therefore, visits to pharmacies have increased significantly.
What is an Online Pharmacy and How Does it Work?
Not everyone accepts the pricing policy of drugstores and an insufficient variety of assortment. Also, many buyers do not want to stand in lines or are unable to visit a physical store due to their health conditions. Some are embarrassed to talk about their health problems in the presence of strangers. In such cases, an online pharmacy comes to the rescue.
An online pharmacy is an online store that works according to standard principles and has a catalog of medicines, makes it possible to order them online and sends parcels via mail or courier delivery. The main feature of such sites is the lack of extra charges for the rental of premises and the salaries of employees. Prices for medicines are much lower, therefore, more affordable for the buyer.
The principle of operation of online pharmacies is as follows:
- first you need to select the site of a particular pharmacy, you can access it through a personal computer or mobile phone;
- by going to the site, you can familiarize yourself with the catalog, if necessary, analyze the composition of goods and study prices. Using search filters, you should select the desired product. Then go through the standard ordering procedure, like any Internet resource;
- it will be necessary to determine the method of delivery: courier or mail. Confirm the order, then wait for the specified time and pick up the goods.
Benefits of Online Pharmacies
Certain pharmacies have acquired their own sites, and in some cases this is a regular online business card site with a minimum of information, but there are also those that work in virtual mode, that is, they sell drugs. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with their positive aspects:
- round-the-clock work schedule — few stationary competitors work 24 hours a day, while you can order medicine online at any convenient time without leaving your comfort zone;
- loyal pricing policy — the cost of the assortment of online pharmacies is much lower, since they do not pay the rental of premises. Consultants work remotely, so there is no need for cleaners or, for example, passing a fire safety test. In addition, on the site you can often get advantageous discounts and promotions;
- the assortment is much wider than in ordinary pharmacies, in addition to medicines, hygiene and cosmetic products, sports nutrition, as well as otheruseful things are offered;
- there is no need to make a choice in a hurry, it is possible to think over and see alternatives. There are no long lines and lunch breaks, it is possible to contact a consultant and clarify details;
- confidentiality — often buyers are embarrassed to purchase in public contraceptives, drugs for the treatment of hemorrhoids or diarrhea, and medicines for erectile dysfunction. An online store is much more convenient in this regard, only the buyer and the pharmacist know about the content of the order;
- you don’t have to go anywhere to get an order — the delivery service will bring everything you need right to your doorway.
No matter how ideal the online pharmacy may seem, there are a number of disadvantages that can be decisive for someone.
- Some sites do not provide the opportunity to consult with pharmacists.
- The impossibility of an urgent purchase — delivery is often provided in a couple of hours or even a few days.
- It will not be possible to visually assess the appearance of the product.
- There is a chance to be caught in a cheat’s net and get a fake drug.
- Not all online pharmacies are really good at customer service.
- Shopping on the Internet creates the preconditions for practicing self-medication via communication on the forum, where ‘experts’ advise to adjust the treatment prescribed by the doctor, or through reading articles on your own. In any case, self-medication should not be involved, since it can lead to disastrous consequences.
If ten years ago the location of a pharmacy was the most important factor in commercial success, now the main thing is the availability of an online store. Large pharmaceutical factories and distributors are intensifying their advertising efforts and are constantly looking for new methods of promotion. They reduce the number of drugstores, saving money on their rental, and invest in the development of Internet businesses. This indicates that sooner or later the bulk of customers will go online.